Significant progress has been made along the Idema Explorers Trail over the course of 2022. Two segments of trail have been completed: the Jenison Mill Segment and the Bill Idema Moraine Nature Segment.
Stand by for more information on future construction projects and stay tuned for dedication events for both segments of trail!
Jenison Mill Segment
- Connection to trails in Kent County
- Access to Millennium Park & downtown Grand Rapids
- “Gateway Arch and Plaza” at County border
- Bridge and boardwalk over Rush Creek and floodplain
- Scenic riverside views and wooded wetlands
Bill Idema Moraine Nature Segment
- Scenic riverside/waterfront views
- Ascent/descent from top of ravines to river level
- Connects Grand River Park to Grand Ravines
- New trailhead access planned at Grand River Park
- Access to modern restroom facilities on both sides of the trail
- Access to hiking trail systems at Grand River Park and Grand Ravines (nearly 9 miles of trails)